Google
 

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

About ROY

Writes Roy:

When I left school some 50 years ago I didn't have a clue as to what direction my life was going to take.

My Dad managed to get me a job as a medical lab assistant which led me into becoming a medical rep. calling on hospitals and doctors. This was a very interesting and stimulating job as I learnt a lot about the human body.

After about 8 years a friend and I heard about this very new and unique carpet cleaning system that was operating in the U.S. and we decided to 'go now - pay later' to Phoenix, Arizona to investigate this new system.

We were so impressed that we arranged for an exclusive agency for South Africa and started importing the machines on our return.

Our goal was to help people start up their own cleaning businesses and become independent entrepreneurs.

Over the years we have set up about 60 independent operators around the country.

As I was drawing near to retirement age I decided to sell off the business so that I could concentrate on Network Marketing... and today I am still actively in various Networking Marketing businesses.

Why Network Marketing in my retirement years?

Quite simply, so that I could generate revenue for my business promotion and people development activities, whilst operating a low overhead business from home.

What is this blog about?

Here's what I'd like to see develop from it.

At my age - 71 - I'd like to see more like-minded, mature and experienced people (probably over-50's, 60's, 70's and older) getting together to share their years of wisdom and experience in business to create more revenue-generating opportunities for all.

As we get older it is important to keep the mind stimulated and nothing does that like a great business challenge. And, of course, nothing gets cheaper, and the income generated always helps meet the unexpected expenses. More important, the esteem and recognition that comes from a job well done at our age is good for the soul.

If you have a great business idea, are looking for quality inputs from mature and experienced business people, give us a call... and we'll come running... slowly, but surely.

Blessings to all
Roy

Roy Sumption - Prestbury Marketing - 011 - 782-2616
grace@micron.co.za

No comments: